Monday 2 January 2017

Dunkirk refugee camp day 7 part 2

So, on a slightly more lighthearted note, I thought I'd share the current contents of my bag and pockets.

Pockets:
packs of tissues, for me and the children
handwash, used religiously
pack of bubbles - great for a quick kid distraction
charger cable and phone - charge where you can, when you can
vaseline for my poor chapped lips

Bag:
spoon, cup, plate - if food appears you want to be able to eat it
nail varnish - see bubbles above, but for the women
nail varnish remover and pads - some of the muslim women need to remove it to pray
sharpie and xl post its - my key teaching aid since the mini whiteboard walked
hairbrush - I am constantly in a hat/buff and my hair is wild under there
extra gloves - it is super cold
mini-notebook for Kurdish phrases (Choney Bashi, people!) and noting cabin numbers for emergency deliveries of blankets etc                        
more tissues - honestly, everyone has a cold and/or a cough
the last of my English chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment