Tuesday 3 January 2017

Dunkirk Refugee Camp day 8

So my time here has come to an end. I've been pleased to pass my English group onto some lovely ladies from the adult learning centre, who will continue the outreach lessons with the women in the Women's Centre, as some don't want to access mixed gender classes or formal classes per se. I was very proud as they showed off the skills they have learnt over the last few days. In the Children's Centre we finished off our flower garden - the children loved collaging and were very dedicated and neat in their work.

If I didn't have children of my own I'd quit England and stay - it's such a transient group of volunteers that the long term wonder-workers have their work cut out for them. It's never just teaching, it's fixing the generator, making the oil fires work, and keeping track of all the resources which are 'Ali Baba'd' (stolen) from under our noses and out of our pockets.

Thank you for all your donations, they have been put to fantastic use buying resources for both the Women's and Children's Centres and have brought much needed fun and distraction into the lives of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment